Mr. McMichael is dedicated to art and creativity. His innovations in the field of web development have spurred the growth of many small companies. His work accurately portrays the businesses he services. I have had the pleasure of working on several projects with Tim and have consistently been floored by his painstaking attention to detail. No slight detail escapes his intensive self critique.
If you are looking for a low budget website that will be set up tomorrow, Tim is not the developer for you. However, if you are in the market for a trademark site that will resonate with your clientele you have come to the right place. He is a goldmine of unique ideas and endless talent. I strongly recommend setting up an appointment and seeing what he can do for you.
Cas was a lead and mentor to Tim at Absolute Marketing Group.
Tim is a dedicated, hard-working guy that gets the job done. With a detailed eye for photography and passion for technology, Tim is able to straddle both the design and development worlds of web development to help clients create their online presence. His no-nonsense approach to tasks, combined with his experience and compassion make him a reliable partner in web dev.
Tim worked with Beth to setup a few website she was in charge of.
I have worked with Tim on website development for a couple of organizations and he has proven to be easy to work with, demonstrated creativity and knowledge to assist us creating websites that provided good results for our organizations and events! I would love to work with Tim again, given the opportunity!
Tanya and Tim worked together at Absolute Marketing Group
Tim McMichael and I worked together while he was a Web Developer at Absolute Marketing Group. There he was part of the Web Team focused on developing custom, public-facing sites in a variety of CMS environments.
A dedicated and friendly colleague, Tim holds every quality one looks for in a team player. While he maintains the deep technological knowledge required of a web developer, Tim also offers up creativity through his original photography and design skills. With an easy-going and open-minded approach, you’ll find that Tim is an all-around stand up guy who looks out for his clients’ needs, while delivering excellence on each and every project.
Paul was Tim’s mentor and lead at Sundog.
Tim’s aesthetic sense is a step above anything you would expect to see in a Web Developer. This aesthetic attunement is apparent in multiple forms of media – for instance, his photography is stunning. I have worked in the digital marketing industry for nearly 20 years, and Tim’s design ability ranks among the top of Web Developers I have worked along side. He has a solid grasp of CSS, JS, and HTML, and has experience working on a variety of platforms, ranging from WordPress to Marketing Cloud. Tim has a strong work ethic and is not afraid of a challenge. I am grateful for having worked with Tim for over three years.
Sarah and Tim worked together at Sundog as Web Developers
Tim and I have worked together for several years. I trained him in several areas of development and he was not only quick to pick up the new skills, he was also attentive and willing to accept the nuances of the client work we were completing. He also kept up to date on new technology to try, in order to be more efficient in our testing.
It was so refreshing to work with someone who was happy to take our direction and run with a project; I never got the impression that tasks were out of his reach or beneath him. His advanced skills are more varied than anyone else on our team because of his attentiveness and ability to step in wherever he is needed.
With experience in both Web Development and Graphic Design, Tim is a freelance web developer, graphic designer and photographer located in the Detroit Lakes / Fargo / Moorhead area.
Owner, Web Developer, Graphic Designer and Photographer
April 2009 – Present
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
- Designing identity, websites, banner ads, emails, brochures, signage, and print work for small local businesses
- Worked directly with small business owners to develop an online presence
- Managed digital image database and uploaded images to existing website
- Responsible for photographing, printing photos, accounting and customer service
- Provide customer services to clients regarding scheduling appointments and photo shoots
- Process photos, edit and retouch images and restore photos using Adobe Photo programs
April 2013 – June 2017
Fargo, North Dakota
- eveloped responsive HTML emails and landing pages using Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Pardot
- Created animations for web using CSS3 and Flash
- Developed CMS websites using Visualforce, Site.com, ExpressionEngine and WordPress
- Worked directly with Project Managers and Designers to create client specified sites
March 2011 – April 2013
Fargo, North Dakota
- Responsible for development of websites in WordPress
- Front end development including but not limited to HTML, JS, and CSS
- Back end development including but not limited to PHP and Java
- Responsible for meeting project driven deadlines.
- Worked directly with Project Managers and Designers to design and built websites for clients
- Maintained existing client sites using a variety of Content Management Systems, including custom built solutions
- Setup and administered MySQL databases
- Helped manage client web hosting
Namedropper/Graphic Arts Department
May 2010 – Mar 2011
- Incorporated customer business names into graphic designs to be printed on to t-shirts
- Ensured designs were delivered to the printing area in a timely manner and error free
Corporate Graphics Commercial
March 1998 – May 2007
- Established and adapted press for job runs to accomplish specifications
- Precisely and accurately executed comprehensive instructions for job orders
- Conducted routine maintenance and upkeep of equipment
Minnesota State Community and Technical College
Diploma – Web Development
2009 – 2011
South Central Technical College
Associate of Arts Degree – Graphic Design/Press Operation
1996 – 1998
Design and Computer Skills
I have the experience in using the following programs and software.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Lightroom
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Flash
- Adobe Edge
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Sublime Text 3
- Adobe Acrobat